Rules for wearing hats to flatter your face, figure and dress:
- Very short women should not wear a very tall or wide hat because the hat will exaggerate their diminutive frame.
- Women with thin faces should avoid plumes of feathers in their hats and too many decorations due to the fact that it will overshadow the face.
- Gentlemen should wear their hat straight and squarely upon the head.
- Ladies should wear a bonnet to a summer lawn party.
- A grey veil should never be worn by a pale or sallow complexion.
A style of hat popular in the 1920’s cloche hats were the fashion trend.